|Senior Dating Marriage Statistics|
- 16.2 million unmarried Americans 65 year and older. Comprising 17% of all unmarried people 18 years and older
- 30% of senior population is single according to 2003 A.A.R.P. 63% are actively dating
- Ages 50 to 65 approximate 71% divorced and 11% widowed.
- Most committed religions where both partners are of the same religion: Hindus (90%), Mormon (83%) and Catholics (78%).
- In 1970 the percentage of women that made more money than their husbands was 4% and in 2010 percentage has increased to 22%.
- 31.7 million living alone comprises 27% of all households nationally.
- In 2011 age 65 makes up 13% of U.S. population and in 2030 age 65 will make up 18% of U.S. population.
- In U.S.baby boomers are approximately 75 million people.
- Beginning in 2011 and for the next 19 years every day more than 10,000 baby boomers will reach age 65.
- 2011 2.8 million baby boomers will be eligible for Medicare.
- 40% of the baby boomers expect to work full time or part time passed retirement age.
- Because of recession many Baby Boomers are filling for Social Security at age 62 . USA Today
- 2009 Census Bureau survey Baby Boomers born from 1946 to 1964 and ages 65 years and older comprise approximately 13% of USA population
- Boomers have 80% of personal financial assets and more than 50% of discretionary spending power. Additionally, boomer responsible for more than 50% consumer spending (prescription drugs, medication and leisure travel).
- According to Nielsen data: Seniors use of Internet 11.3 million November 2004 increased to 17.5 million November 2009.
- Baby Boomers in Canada 41% ages 46 to 64 have tried online dating and 28% seeking less serious relationships according to Canadian Liver Foundation
- Baby Boomer Love Online (Fox Business)
- Baby Boomer dating online ages 50 to 60 has increased subscription to dating services.
- Approximately 25% - 30% of Seniors Volunteer. SeniorVolunteer Suggestions:
Local Animal Shelter - Humane Society
United We Serve
American Red Cross
Habitat for Humanity
- Online Dating Statistics - Marriage Statistics
Ten USA cites with increase in "Baby Boomers" 2000-2010 according to Brookings Institute:
1. Austin, TX
2. Raleigh-Cary, NC
3. Boise-Nampa, ID
4. Colorado Springs, CO
5. Provo-Orem, UT
6. Madison, WI
7. Albuquerque, NM
8. Riverside-Ontario, CA
9. Houston, TX
10. Portland-Vancouver-Beaverton, OR., WA
United States Census Bureau
|Senior Dating Top Dating Cities|
- 1. Miami, FL
- 2. New York, NY
- 3. Los Angeles, CA
- 4. Chicago, IL
- 5. Washington D.C.
- 6. Dallas, TX
- 7. San Diego, CA
- 8. Phoenix, AZ
- 9. Boston, MA
- 10. Houston, TX