Senior Meet Single
|Little Plot of Land|
Senior meet singles at community gardening. Nice place to share ideas and build something together. Try your hands at Community Gardening. A few days ago when to Ocean View Farms. A nonprofit community garden in West Los Angeles, California. A 6 acre community garden. Member have 15' by 15' garden and flower plots. Approximate annual fee is $75.00 including organic soil plots and common water systems. This community farm project practices organic gardening techniques. Gated community gardening community members only allowed. There are specific gardening rules and hours. Grow vegetables and fruits: cucumbers, tomatoes, squash, onions, berries, strawberries and etc. Dedicate plot to flowers: roses, cosmos, iris, gladiolas and etc. Urban dwellers community gardens provides to grow your own foods and excess foods can be contributed to those needy in the community. Growing vegetable and fruits may not be for you. Can always start and maintain a beautiful flower garden. Define if your looking for an organic or conventional community garden. For a community gardens near your location check Google.
10 Best Community Gardens in Los Angeles County, California
|Garden Community Walkway|
|Grow Your Own Squash|
|Mint-Up Your Meals|
|Wild Flowers and Dwarf Lemon Tree|
Flowers and Herbs Can Help Your Garden GROW!
- Marigold help your tomatoes grow. Known to ward off pest naturally. The French Marigold best for warding off white flies from tomatoes and bad nematodes in the soil.
- Basil is a fly and mosquito repellent. Place basil near outdoor eating areas and ward off those creepy pests.
- Borage a annual herb known as "Star flower". Flowers are blue, white or pink. borage repels horn worms and cabbage worms. May increase any plants resistance to pests and disease.
- Chrysanthemums comes in white, yellow or pink. Pest repent in garden.
- Clovers part of pea family. There are approximately 300 different species of the plant. Has small flower commonly in white or pink. Clovers improves soil quality and attracts insects that chases off pests.
- Dahlias different shapes and colors. Beautiful garden combined with vegetable garden repels nematodes in the soil.
- Nasturtiums keeps bugs away from squash and broccoli plants
- Petunias protects garden beans from beetles.
- Oregano keeps bugs away from cucumbers.
- Geraniums keeps Japanese beetles away from corn.
- Lavender beautiful small lavender flowers spike above the foliage. Lavender beautifies any flower or vegetable garden. Natural repellent for both moths, fleas, silverfish fleas and white flies.
- Mint repels ants, flies, fleas, mice and rats. It has been found that rubbing mountain mint on clothes deters chiggers and ticks.
Have a jointed project of Beauty.